Submission Deadline: August 24, 2023
What will I need to enter?
To complete your submission, you will need the following information:
* = Mandatory
- Project Photos - Either upload up to 20 photos or provide a link to the photos
- Do you have permission from the homeowner to submit this project? * - Yes or No
- City where the project was completed
- State/Province where the project was completed *
- The country where the project was completed *
- Is the home currently occupied? * - Yes or No
- Is the homeowner willing to be mentioned by name in the article? * - Yes or No
- Is the homeowner willing to be interviewed? * - Yes or No
- Name(s) of Homeowner(s)
- Has this project been submitted to other magazines for potential publication? * - If yes, please name them
- Would you like to recognize a participant? * - Recognize an employee, trade partner or other parties in this project that made a special contribution. - Yes or No.
- If yes - Please provide the name of participant and relationship to the project
- Project Cost *
- Has this home been professionally photographed? * - Yes or No
- Yes - Please provide the photographer's name, phone number, and email.
- No - If no, will the homeowner(s) allow us to send a photographer into their home? - Yes or No
- Equipment Used * - Write out or upload a list - Please provide a full equipment list of everything used in this installation. Everything! In addition to all of the controls, displays, and A/V equipment, don't forget wire and cable, power management, lighting, A/V furniture, security, phones, networking, etc. Provide the quantity, manufacturer, and model number.
- Challenges and Compromises * - What were the biggest challenges and compromises on this project? Explain what the challenges were, how you overcame them and how the compromises were resolved with the client, trade partners, and other external forces. (up to 200 words)
- What makes this project stand out? * - Consider your technical prowess, product lines, special skills, special relationships, licensing, operations and processes, etc. (up to 200 words)
- Project description * - Please provide a promotional description to be used in print and online. (up to 200 words)
What is eligible?
Any home installation project that was completed between September 2022 and August 18, 2023, is eligible for entry.
Who can enter?
Custom electronics installation firms, PR agencies, and manufacturers may enter, provided all of the project submission information is completed as required.
What is the entry fee?
- $347 for the first project entered by June 16, 2023
- $397 for the first project entered after June 16, 2023
- $247 for each additional entry
What is the deadline for submissions?
- Early-Bird Deadline: June 16, 2023
- Deadline: August 11, 2023
When are the winners announced?
- Winners will be announced during the CEDIA Expo 2022 from September 7-9, 2023
How are the entries judged?
A number of industry experts, as well as the CE Pro editorial staff, will consider all aspects involved in an installation, such as project creativity, innovation, equipment incorporated, obstacles overcome, homeowner priorities met, aesthetics and lifestyle benefits.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Liability for breach of third party rights
Any infringement of third-party rights, including patent, trademark, copyright or other right is the exclusive responsibility of the Awards entrant. By submitting an entry, you (a) represent and warrant that you own the exclusive rights and/or have obtained all necessary third-party consents to submit all content, including any images, photography, logos or multimedia, for consideration, (b) grant Sponsor and its designees, licensees or affiliates a fully paid, worldwide license to use, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, republish and create derivative works of the entry in any media now or hereafter known, including but not limited to, print or digital publication in CEPro magazine, (c) agree to allow Sponsor to provide your contact information to Awards sponsors and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes, and (d) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any and all third-party claims arising from the entry and use of any such images submitted in connection with the competition.
By participating, participants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons (including, without limitation, death) or property, arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this competition, or any competition-related activity. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT THE PRECEDING RELEASE IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE INVALID OR VOID FOR ANY REASON, THE PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT, BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, (I) ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (II) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. All participants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts located in Orange County, California.
The sponsor of the Awards is Emerald Expositions, LLC, 31910 Del Obispo, Suite 200, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 (“Sponsor”). Decisions by the judges are final.